Sunday, March 11, 2007

Happy Wedding Planner


Well.... I thought I would write a post because I haven't written anything in a long time. I'm engaged for those who didn't know that yet, and have been happily seeing how my wedding is being put together and understanding that... I'm going to be somebody's "wife"!!!!

So, yes I have been engaged for about three months and 10 days and so far so good... our wedding will be next month on the 28th... a Saturday. I'm not really sure what is going to happen on my wedding day... I don't know what I will wear, what we will eat, if there will be dancing, what my cake will look like, what shoes I will wear, where we are going on a honeymoon... But so far the only thing that I really care to know is the man I will marry, the day we will get married on, and that my guests will be blessed. So, I have been quite calm and peaceful, believing that the Lord is in control, but not everybody is of course...

Many people have voiced their concern about how we are doing things or not doing things, and I understand where they are coming from. Most people must do everything themselves, and to do things yourself it takes time, it takes energy, it takes planning and so forth, especially when it comes to a wedding... I understand this, but even during these busy days I believe that all Raphael and I "
have" to do is what Jesus said to do...
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33
I really believe that all we must do is to just keep our eyes on the Lord and seek Him... He will take care of the rest.

But... how can I apply this to a wedding. How could I possibly think that God will take care of everything for me? I don't know, but I do... I think He knows what napkins we will use and where to get them, and what my dress should look like, and I'm not kidding... really.

Here are some "coincidences" as some might put them. There is a gourmet baker who goes to my church who has volunteered to make our wedding cake. There is also another baker in Paris who has also volunteered to make us a traditional French wedding cake. A man in my church owns a catering service and he has said that he can help us with the food... The New Pastor at our church is an amazing person, who is Dutch, speaks English fluently, and also happened to study and preach in France, so he speaks French as well... which is wonderful because Raphael's family is French, so they will be able to understand what will be said. Didn't have to go looking for a Dutch pastor that speaks English and French. My mother works at the biggest flower exporter in Europe and her boss has agreed to provide for flowers and he can even make me a bouquet... Another colleague of mine who is also a Christian told me that her husband used to take pictures at weddings so he could take my pictures too...The little girls in my class want to be flower-girls and their parents have agreed to let them be my flower-girls. My aunt in Curacao has told me that she can make my dress in 7 days. 0_o - The funny thing is that I attend a very small church, so it's funny for me to see that I have the right people all in the same small church, and that there are others around us that are so happy to help with whatever we need. I'm sure Raphael can think of other details like this, but this will give you a good idea of why I am not worried... the Lord is sending the right people our way; it's a great blessing and I know He's got us covered. All I have to do is just continue to seek Him, walk with Him... and enjoy, because this is a very special time indeed.

Many people have told me that this is "MY" special day and it should be the way "I" want it to be... but I think differently. I have given the baker, my aunt who is making my dress, and the people who want to decorate only a bit of an idea of what I like, thus giving them the opportunity to be creative and do as they think fit... why? Well, because I don't want my wedding to be perfect because I made it perfect... I want all honour to go to God, I want people to have the opportunity to be used by Him...I believe that there is no better wedding planner than Him. I thank the Lord already because I think that if we leave it in His hands it will be great and people will be blessed, and both Raphael and I will have a good time as well. Let's walk in faith at all times and in all circumstances. Let us give the Lord the opportunity to show us what He can do in our lives, and through His people if we let Him.

I'm excited!

By the way, everybody is invited to our wedding so if you think you would love to come and see what the Lord will do on this day, then come! ...right Raphael?

4 comments:

Nathanael said...

Oh my dear sister Jimena! This is Nathanael Washam here. That skinny, goofy guy from your senior year at CA. My brother Benjamin told me that you had shown up on his blog and I tried to find your info but failed. Then I followed your last post on his blog, and here you are! I have only read this post, and already my heart is overflowing with thanks to God! I have so many things I want to say to you, but this is not the place. If you would like to, please e-mail me at stufffortopo@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you. I'm going to write a draft e-mail and save it right now so I can get all of this joy out now! Blessings on your spirit and Peace in Christ!

Sis. Julie said...

Jimena...thank you so much for coming by my blog and reading my testimony. It's always a blessing to have new readers. I pray you find more blessings on my site as I hope you get to read more posts that the Lord has given me to post. I'll be keeping up with your site. When is your wedding? I pray it is all you would have wanted it to be. It should be the next happiest day of your life next to getting saved by God's grace and then getting engaged to that special man in your life.

Sis. Julie said...

Jimena...thank you so much for coming by my blog and reading my testimony. It's always a blessing to have new readers. I pray you find more blessings on my site as I hope you get to read more posts that the Lord has given me to post. I'll be keeping up with your site. When is your wedding? I pray it is all you would have wanted it to be. It should be the next happiest day of your life next to getting saved by God's grace and then getting engaged to that special man in your life.

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Congratulations!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger