Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Je suis de retour!!! Day 1

Je suis de retour... I think that's right. I just got back from a really great trip. Last week I was wondering what I could do during my Spring break. My breaks always seem to sneak up on me and I tend to never plan anything in advance. When I thought about what would be really great to do I thought about mountains. I wanted to see mountains, climb them...feel the fresh air and enjoy the beautiful scenery, but that will have to be for another time because I ended up going to "oh la la" Paris, and it was a great blessing. I hadn't been to Paris since 2004 so it felt like it would be nice to go again, but I wanted to be sure it was of the Lord. I just put it before Him and well, He provided. I wrote down before leaving that I really wanted this to be a great trip that would not only bless me but would also be a blessing for my hosts. I stayed with a lovely french family; the son (Raphael) has been one of my best friends for some years now, and I was looking forward to getting to know the rest of the family better.

Ok, well just as a warning, I did go to Paris, but I didn't really spend time "in" Paris. So... no Eiffel Tower pictures, no Louvre Museum, no Champs-Elysées, no Notre Dame, no Moulin Rouge, not even Disney Land, no no... I didn't really want to spend a lot of time in the city, but mostly out of it.

Here are some pictures I took when I arrived. I took a 3.5 hour train ride from The Hague to Paris. I was a bit sleepy when I arrived but all that changed as soon as I sat in the car. Raphael asked me what kind of music I wanted to listen to, and I chose Bill Evans. I realized it was just the perfect kind of music as we drove around Paris. Traffic in Paris is really quite crazy. It's chaotic, noisy, and it seems unorganized and dangerous, but after you've been to Paris a few times you realize that it all seems to coordinate quite nicely really... maybe it was just the music. I took the pictures from the car so they are not very nice, but it will give you a "picture"... ;)











No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger