Saturday, April 22, 2006

This week.5 in pictures

Easter Breakfast

Easter Breakfast at school last week.


I sent the kids out while I decorated the table. They weren't supposed to be looking, but they are just curious kids after all.


Even after a big breakfast some were still hungry it seems.

The Hague

My cousin Adriana came to visit us from Houston. Mom and I took her to The Hague. This was a cute little train ride by the beach in Scheveningen.


It was sunny, but still way too cold for a little Caribbean girl to jump in... and for some Dutchies as well. This is a sunny day!!!


The posh Hotel in Scheveningen.


Some nice sculptures by the sea.


Sculptures by Tom Otterness


Peace Palace.

Amsterdam


Tourists on a lovely Canal boat tour. Each week one car falls into the canals in Amsterdam.


Amsterdam Police warning all Pocket-pickers. Who knows what the bunny did.


Souvenir shop.


My cousin, the Easter Bunny, and mom.


Just had to take a picture :D


Then I got tired of walking.

Train: Amsterdam-Den Haag

Holland.... nice and flat.

...straight lines, even trees, keeping with the flat landschape.

This is around Lisse, where there is a beautiful tulip garden called Keukenhoff, which most Dutch people I know haven't been to.

I think these are daffodils?

I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

- William Wordsworth
(1770-1850)

(>.<) . (o_0) . (^_^)


Angry Jimena! This is a little work project I'm doing. Some Autistic children I work with have a hard time reading facial expressions, which could put them in awkward social situations. I don't have a lot of resources and here in Holland it's not easy to find affordable material, so I'm making my own facial expressions book. I also ask people to send me their own facial expressions if they feel like it. It's all for a good cause folks!


Yesterday was a lovely day so we took the kids to a park. You can see that the tulips have started to bloom and it's making everything more colourful and warm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those were some awesome pics. Wow have you ever thought about being a professional photographer? Holland is a beautiful place. Question??? What's up with the easter chicken in the basket? I thought that easter eggs came from the easter bunny :-} The kids are adorable. Are you sure
that was a mad Ximena, that looked more like a sneaky Ximena. Thanks for sharing.
Peace<><

Jimena said...

Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. About the easter bunny... true story, the easter bunny was actually going to come to school on this day, but the night before he was on his bike, fell off, injured his ankle, and couldn't come the next day. I'm glad he didn't come though. The chicken is from our "Cluck, cluck, cluck" song, a #1 hit for a few days. That was an angry face, but if you can make a better one, feel free to e-mail it to me ;) Cheers!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger