Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Rest in Heavenly Peace

Miss Vicky passed away today at 14:30. This day has just been unreal. I was told in the morning that Vicky had decided to leave on this day, but we didn't know at what time or any other detail. Then during outside play one of my colleagues called me to tell me that they had gotten a message from her. She had sent the other teachers messages on their mobile saying good-bye, and they wanted me to check my mobile to see if I had gotten one too. I checked for them, but I didn't get one. So, ok, we cried a bit in the office and after resting a bit I went back to be with the kids. I was painting with the kids when the doorbell rang at about 11:30 and I saw my colleague just ran out the door. I didn't know what he had seen and just continued painting with the kids. Then he walked back in and told me that Vicky's daughter had come to school to bring Vicky's key and to bring something for me. So, I went out, my hands all red and green from paint, and I saw her daughter. She went to the office with the director and I went right in with her. So, she told us that Vicky had decided to drink her drink at 14:00. She also told us that when they had been to Egypt on vacation some time ago Vicky got a something from a lady there that she had been carrying in her wallet, and she wanted me to have it. She pulls out this little card with the face of Jesus on the cross. On the other side it has someone that looks like a priest or a king or so, I can't figure out what it is. It surprised me very much that Vicky, of all people, would have this in her wallet. I obviously thanked her for it and I hugged her and told her to give Vicky a big hug from me, and to thank her for it. She left and I just sort of crumbled all over again. I had to be back in class but while a teacher read a story to the kids I went to the kitchen and found a corner to sit and cry and thank God in my heart. Then the psychologist came after me to comfort me and that was nice, but I did tell her that I was very thankful in my heart. I finished work at 14:00. When the kids left we all went to a little garden outside where Vicky used to smoke...(she used to call it her office), and we just hugged each other and I prayed in my heart. I find that it is really interesting to see how people cope with death and dying. Some wanted to smoke in her honour, some were making jokes, others cried silently... We were there until about 14:30. Then I left to go grocery shopping. When I got home I sat down and started to play the guitar and I just made up a song. I don't know where it came from and mind you I only know how to play like 4 chords, but I just sang for a while. Then a colleague called to tell me that Vicky had passed away at 14:30. Now that I think of it, it intrigues me because, as I understand it takes about 4 hours to die from taking this drink, so 30 or less minutes is a short time. I guess it has to do with a person's physical condition, but most people that take it are probably in bad shape anyway. I say all this because I wonder if the Lord just didn't decide to take her sooner. Anyway, I was here at home not feeling well, so I just walked back to work, and I cried a bit more with some people there, and then I got to work. I made a rainbow, some clouds and a sun and put it over our tree in the classroom. I thought I would do it today so that when the children come in tomorrow it will already be there as I know I'll have to tell them about it. While I was making it Vicky's daughter came back to school to see us and tell us how it went, and she told me that she had to give me a kiss from Vicky. Her daughter is only 17 and looks just like her. After I got back home I just worked a bit more on the song, which I called "Rest in heavenly peace", (which by the way doesn't sound like, 'Sleep in heavenly peace') and... that's all folks. I feel peace in my heart. Perhaps it's the kind of peace God gives that surpasses understanding, but it is peace, and I will rest in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing person with a wonderful heart. May God Bless You.

Jimena said...

Thank you so much for your comment. It humbles my heart :) The Lord bless you as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger