Sunday, April 02, 2006

Eku Ojobi!

I almost didn't go, but then I changed my mind... or a friend sort of changed my mind. He mentioned how kids Birthday's are so few, and that's right. They are kids and then they grow up and no more kid parties. Besides this was his first one. I didn't really think I would be in the mood for a party, but life must go on. It was just a bit odd to think how in the same city a person was celebrating his first Birthday, and another person might have just lived her last day. Anyway, Tariq is half Antillean half Nigerian and the party was of mostly Nigerians so they played a lot of Nigerian music. Nigerians are very lively people and eventhough I kind of stood out they really made me feel welcome and I really enjoyed myself. I thought everybody was kind and also very funny. They played some salsa for me, but too bad I couldn't get up and dance. I'm going to have to get some Nigerian music for fun. I have a little Nigerian boy in my class, and I think his parents have a cool accent, so everytime I try to speak with a Nigerian accent he smiles, but also looks at me like I'm crazy. Ok, an now a go an have som sleep.

Tariq had a super cool cake with his own picture on it! I have to figure out how they do that. I guess they scan a picture on munchable paper. The colours are amazing though.




And here we are. I like him because he doesn't cry when I'm holding him and he's a cuttie! He's also starting to walk and dance.

2 comments:

Raphaël Pinson said...

I'm really glad you went and enjoyed yourself there! Life goes on, and the life of a child is a wonderful gift :)

God bless you much <><

Raphaël

Raphaël Pinson said...

I'm really glad you went and enjoyed yourself there! Life goes on, and the life of a child is a wonderful gift :)

God bless you much <><

Raphaël

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger