Monday, December 17, 2007

Fun with Colours and Red Hat

Just for fun!

I thought I would share what my husband and I have been doing these last two days. He usually asks me what I want to do in the afternoons, so I told him I wanted to draw and colour with him. He said he wasn't very good at it at all... but he would do it anyway. I'm not very very good at it either, but I still love to play with colours and draw and pretend that I'm good. So I told him that our first exercise would be to share a big sheet of paper and start drawing whatever comes to mind. We could draw anywhere on the paper, and even change each others drawings. It was funny because the first line he drew was pointy and mine was curvy. At the end he told me that he tends to draw the same things he drew as a child, and that even though he really enjoyed it as a child he got much negative criticism from his teachers, because they didn't think he was good... so he just stopped drawing. I told him I wasn't going to criticize his art and that it was just fun to do something with him, and to allow him to use "my space" on the page, and even change what I did. It's not something that is always easy.

The next day he asked if I wanted to draw something with him... :D... I said yes of course. This time I told him that he should draw something that he had never drawn before. He thought for a long while. I sensed it was kind of a hard thing to do, so I gave him another option. I told him to just pick up a pencil and start scribbling a line on the page without lifting the pencil until he had finished. He scribbled for a while, and then we were to draw what we saw in the shapes the line made. So we looked at them for a while and soon enough he saw a head, I saw a hat, and a building and hair. He saw flowers and mountains and a sun...and it was just a lot of fun again. Here are some pictures we took. It was so nice for me to see that he was into it and having fun and using colours with me. I was very thankful afterwards for the fun time we had doing this. What a blessing marriages can be when we see that we are to be a gift to our spouse...and when they see you as a gift as well.

Saturday: First drawing we made

Sunday: Me colouring the red hat...

Raphael very concentrated...


Voila!
The black lines on her face are some funky glasses that Raphael gave her...
I'm still not too sure about that, but ok.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Budding Picasso artists! You two always look like you have so much fun together. That’s wonderful. So, when do you open your exhibit and begin selling the masterpieces?

Jimena said...

Doug, glad you have shown an interest, you will have to send me your shipping address. How much where you going to give for them again?

Speaking of Picasso, he actually used to live here where we live, so there are many of his pieces in town. I don't really like him all that much, but I like the way the our lady turned out.

I have been blessed with a happy man, so it's easy to have fun with him :)

threetwentyone said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......color!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. That's a temptation. But, with our grandchildren's pictures already covering the refrigerator, I'm sorry that we don't have any room for more impressionist artwork. :)

Anonymous said...

They are soooo cool!! I love colouring and painting too. Although I am not that good :)
We got your wonderful card today! I have never got a French Christmas card before!! Thank you:)

-E said...

Picasso is right! You two are good! And I have a very critical eye - and Ireally like what I saw. Collaborative painting - neat idea!

Jimena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jimena said...

Mrs Amy, I have never gotten a Christmas card from Australia either! Thank you so much and you are welcome. I was happy to send it and so blessed to have gotten your cards... :)

P.S. Mrs Amy, Raphael said that you think you are not that good because you haven't tried. It's not that hard he says.

Mmmmmmmmm... yes COLOUR!!!!

Thanks Mr.Bird! Glad you had a look over here... you are still the bestest choir teacher!

Kristina said...

Those were way to cool!! They looked really good...who said y'all could not draw and color??

Sis. Julie said...

I love those drawings!! You should frame them as wall art!! Y'all did a very good job. Your idea was very creative too. I'd never think to do something like that. I'm not even sure if I did suggest it that my husband would even agree to do it...LOL!! Thank you for sharing your drawings and not just telling us how they looked. Love you!

Jimena said...

Thank you Kristina. It was nice to get your comment. It really wasn't so hard to do... the idea was really to do something together and have fun, which we did. Thanks for stopping by!

Sis. Julie, that's one thing I really like about my husband, he's up to it even if he's not so sure about it at first. We care to please and do fun things together, but I'm sure it's hard to do this when you have so many responsibilities as your husband and when you have kids too. God bless you!

Sis. Julie said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS Sister!!

I love you and appreciate you!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger