Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Psalm 1

Psalm 1

1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.


....thought is was a great psalm to start the year =)

9 comments:

Swylv said...

Thanks for commenting. Let me just say that even though I have a son, I know what it's like to want to conceive a child and it either take a long time or possibly not happen. My son was a blessing pure and simple not having been trying at the time. It's interesting when you realize that maybe HE gave him to us so soon because HE knew that for the next child, it would be well over 5 years and counting and this old body here hasn't ovulated in that long .... yep scary.

I also see you like TorahClass Online studies, me too.

I love, worship, honor, obey, serve, follow Yeshua the Messiah

Kaysie said...

Oh I love Psalms 1!
What great verses to think on as we begin the New Year. I love the analogy between the "delighter in the Law" and a tree firmly planted. What a comfort.

Hope you are having a blessed day.
Happy New Year!

Kaysie

~~Deby said...

I agree.....
Deby

Sis. Julie said...

This is the first complete chapter in the Bible that I memorized. I love this psalm!!

Jessica said...

I hope you are having a great new year!

Love & Prayers,
Jessica

Kristina said...

I have always loved Psalm 1. I would have to say that it is my favorite chapter in the Bible.

Thanks for posting it!

By the way, I just wanted to let you know that you have been a blessing to me!!!

Kristina said...

Thanks for the comment :)

God bless you, too!

~Kristina

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Psalm 1 is a great chapter to start the New Year off! It's also a good one to memorize!!

BTW....did the Christmas letter I sent ever make it to you? I hope it didn't get lost somewhere between here and way over there!! :)

Jimena said...

Sorry I haven't replied to your messages. I just want to thank you all for your sweet comments and for stopping by. Some have mentioned to me that Psalms 1 is a great one to memorize and I agree... it is :)

I pray and hope you are all doing well.

God bless you all...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger