Monday, March 17, 2008

Not weird, just different....

As I have been tagged three times to say 7 weird things about myself I suppose I should post about it. Problem is I'm having a hard time finding 7 weird things about myself.... I'll do my best though...

1. When I eat I calculate my bites in such a way that my last bite has a little bit of everything... (perfectly acceptable).

2. I like children's books... I borrow some from our public Media-library and then have my husband read them to me at night... (nothing wrong with that... after all, it's a good way to learn a new language)

3. I've been told that my house looks like a museum because of all the artsy stuff around. (a compliment)

4. Ok, I'll admit this is a bit weird... I like to watch my clothes tumble in the washing machine... it's relaxing, no?

5. I can make a satisfactory chicken sound.

6. I like to read passages like Deuteronomy 20 with a Scottish accent... (it somehow helps me live the passage... let me know if you tried it yourself)

7. I... and my husband invited everybody and anybody to our wedding... I met a lot of new people this way... like our school's lunch-lady's husband... he was very happy to have been "invited". Why did we do that?... the Lord invites everybody to His Banquet... He's an everybody kind of Person, His love reaches out to all... knowing this we too wanted to invite everybody to our church service and our reception... this caused some stress to our parents but we felt in our hearts that this was what we should do. We could afford a good meal for 75 people... but over 200 people showed up and all were invited to have a good meal and there were even left-overs! Besides family how could we judge some to be more worthy of an invitation than others? I was sorry not all my friends were able to make it because through the years I had lost track of them and couldn't reach them, but they too would have been invited if I would have been able to reach them... it was a fun day with people from over 27 nationalities who seemed to be happy to be there and share with us... even if I didn't know them all.


Well, those are my 7.... I don't really think any of these is really weird except maybe the washing machine one... call it, different if you will... ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mum used to sit me in front of the washing machine when I was a baby sometimes to stop me crying. Apparently I liked it!

Jimena said...

Hehe, how cute :)... I know a little boy I used to work with, and everytime I would go to his house I would find him in front of the washing machine, he loved it...

Blessings...

TeacherMommy said...

Ah, I love the story about your wedding! I think you sound interesting, not weird. Either everybody's weird or nobody is!

Jimena said...

Thanks Karen :)
We all do have our own unique little odd things here and there. Blessings ;)

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

LOL!! I can just imagine your husband reading children books to you! :)
Very interesting tid-bit about your wedding!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger