Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oh my...

I know I have been gone for a long time, and I see that people still stop by and I'm sorry if you have stopped by hoping to see pictures and getting some news from me... I have been busy. In the last few weeks I (or we in some cases) have gotten x-rays, been on a Church Retreat, picked up my brother from Marseille, started a Bible study at home, have been trying to get a bit involved in our little community, finished my French course, watched my plants grow, seen prayers answered, was tagged three times, had people over for dinner or a night, was offered a free French lesson just ten steps away from home (5 steps if you are tall) and another French lesson by phone from my mother-in-law, saw my husband open a facebook account, started giving an English course by phone to a young Polish girl living in Paris, mastered yummy fluffy pancakes for breakfast, got three Wedding invitations, said good-bye to my brother ... and more! For this week besides home-work I have to ready myself to host one of our favourite guests, our youngest and sometimes more demanding guest, but I WILL be ready. I know what to expect now. Even though it has been busy I'm happy with what the Lord is doing in our lives and around us... and if I'm not happy... too bad for me, God is good and I have to learn to trust Him in all things knowing that He works for the best of those who love Him.

My blog has also been awarded twice by two sweet young ladies and this also slows me down a bit, because it really humbles me. One award was a "Blogging with a Purpose" award, and the other one was an "Excellent blog" award, and the reason it's humbling is because before I got these awards I never really thought about what the purpose of this blog was. I think one of my first posts was about a cat that had jumped in my backyard... and another one about having dinner with my mom and brother, and another one about all the chairs in my apartment. But well... after giving it a bit of though I believe this blog is hopefully about bringing glory to the Lord, and I hope that through my posts about my little life people can get a taste of how good and faithful the Lord is to me, that there is no sweeter thing than walking in peace with the Lord, through rain, storms, burning heat or in green pastures under a beautiful rainbow... and about being excellent? Well, if this blog is about Him, then sure... there is nothing more excellent than Him indeed! I want to thank sweet Kaysie and the lovely Courtney for these humbling awards... I think I have to pass them on to others? Hmmm... I think what would be fun is if all those that are linked on this blog could write a post about what the purpose of their blog is (if they haven't done so yet)... not just for me, but for all those who read their blogs. And then about being excellent... they are all excellent because that's why I link to them in the first place... but let me just say something about Kaysie. If you ever find yourself having one of those difficult dry days when all you really want and need is a nice cold glass of water, I would recommend drinking one of her posts... they are so refreshing! Every time I read one of her posts I feel so blessed and encouraged in the Lord. I am very happy to know Kaysie through her blog. She knows it is all about Him and reminds us to turn to Him for all things. Courtney on the other hand is more for those cold days that leave our muscles all tensed! Her blog invites us into a warm cosy home, where they honour God for all their blessings. I love seeing pictures of her family and it blessed me so much to just read about her life, her lovely family and... Christopher!!!! From the time that I have "known" her she has stood strong in her faith and in the last 2 years now I can see how the Lord has blessed her for her faithfulness. It's been a blessing to know these two ladies through their blogs, and it really humbles me that they would consider this blog worthy of a reward.

Well... I'll go see if I can post some pictures of any of the above mentioned activities that have kept me busy for the last couple of weeks. I pray that as you read this post the Lord will touch and comfort your heart.

Blessings...

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger