Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mimosa Parade

When I first heard about "Mimosa" I thought it was some kind of food... South African for some reason... then I realized one of my French Soaps was called Mimosa and once I opened it and used it the fragrance was....WOW, nothing like I expected Mimosa to smell like. I couldn't believe a little soap could fill an entire room like that... our bathroom is rather small, but I was just really impressed. Since the end of January I have seen the beautiful Mimosa trees blooming their little yellow suns all over the coast. Everywhere I go I see the bright yellow colour on the fields, in backyards, on the hills... it makes me feel so happy even though yellow has never been one of my favourite colours. I knew people were having Mimosa parades everywhere, but I didn't know they were going to have one right here in our little village. I took a few pictures :)


People waiting at the Plaza


Cool Pink-Red Polka-dotted Horse


I thought this little girl was so cute. Too bad the picture turned was blurry.


Here comes the Turtle! (Picture by Raphaƫl l)


I liked the Turtle!


Picture Raphael took with his mobile...


Little Princesses and Prince


A lady gave me a little bouquet of Mimosas as she danced by...

Could you spot where there was Mimosa in the pictures?


The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. Isaiah 40:8

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures! Those children are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Wow Mimosa looks so much like our Wattle, it is a national flower here in Australia! I wonder if the 2 are related somehow?? Will have to google it!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Yep they are distant relatives!! :)

Jimena said...

Thank you Danielle, the kids were very cute but I didn't include the picture with the little pirates spraying me with a tube of the plastic gooey stuff... :)

Thank you Mrs.Amy,
I am almost ashamed because I know I have a few Australian readers and I failed to mention some very important information... "These are actually ORIGINALLY from Australia!" I was very surprised when I read that seeing how they pretty much cover all of the French Riviera... but yes, these are your beloved Wattle flower... funny eh?
I guess your Wattle smells just as good, right?

Blessings to you both and thanks for stopping by.

TeacherMommy said...

How neat! I don't know if I've ever smelled mimosa or not. Sounds good though. That parade looked interesting and you looked beautiful!

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Thanks for sharing yet another interesting part of your side of the world!!
I liked the pic of the polka-dotted horse!! Cute!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jimena!

These are lovely pictures... I especially love the one with you and all the flowers in your hair! :)

Oh, and you have been tagged to write 7 "weird" things about you on your blog. You can check out my blog for details. :) Have fun!

Kaysie

Sis. Julie said...

Those flowers are beautiful!! I love the first picture of you with the Mimosas. The picture Bro. Raphael took with his phone is really good too. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger