Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Sunchi's Checklist

  • Traveled by plane in South America, the Caribbean and Europe.
  • Lived on a little Caribbean island for 13 years.
  • Chased Donkey's away.
  • Did a road-trip across Europe.
  • Been to Paris.
  • Stayed at a hotel.
  • Was kissed by two complete strangers in the streets of Aubusson.
  • Been stuck in traffic for hours.
  • Been to two weddings... and one still to come.
  • Been faithful all my life.
  • Retired to the French Riviera where a whole new life will start.
Well, we are back, and we are not alone. We brought back my little dog Sunchi from Bonaire. I have had her since I was 17 so it's a great joy to have her here in France. Maybe one day I can write about the day I got Sunchi, while I was in a hospital for TM. To me she is a reminder of where I have been and what the Lord has done in my life. Raphael and I were in Bonaire with family, then Holland for a friend's wedding, then Paris for work, then the middle of France for another wedding so we are happy to be back home. I have missed my blog friends and posting about our happenings.

The Lord is good, I just want to encourage people with this truth. It may not always look that way, or feel that way, but He is... and I can tell you that with a big smile on my face.

Well, that's it for now...I want to thank everyone for their sweet comments while I was gone, and leave you with a few pictures of our little traveler.

God bless~

Wedding in Holland...

Looking for mushrooms in the forest with Mamie...

Giving Raphael his B-day gift...

Looking at the fish...

Taking a nap after lunch...

Paris...

Making new friends...

"Sunchi besame mucho!"

Using facilities in our hotel room...

Resting after a long day...

"Are you coming?"

Traffic Jam

Took hours...

New home sweet home...

(In case anyone is wondering, no she doesn't sleep in bed, but on our last day at the hotel she was allowed to sleep in the bed while we packed our things.)

9 comments:

Levithian said...

Wow!
That's great! I'm happy to see
that she's doing well! She
has always been very photogenic.

Thanks for the pictures and
continue updating your blog.

P.S.
Loved the Checklist haha

Sis. Julie said...

Awww!! How cute!! I know you must be so happy to have your little doggie with you!! I'm glad y'all made it home safely and that you are settling back into the normal routine again.

Anonymous said...

She looks a very cute dog. I'm glad your travels went well. (I had to look up Bonaire as I'd never heard of it!)

Anonymous said...

glad to see you back! Your pictures are so cute!! =)

Anonymous said...

She is sooo cute! Great pictures too!
Glad that you are home safely. Have a great day!

Jimena said...

Thank you for your comments! It's been kind of hard getting back to posting and even reading up on your blogs... we still have a lot of settling to do before I can say we are back to normal. :) But I really appreciate the comments... thank you.

God bless <><

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Welcome back, Jimena!!
I haven't done much blog reading at all lately due to having "better" things on my mind, but I do count everyone of my blogging friends very dear!! Maybe things will get back to normal after the wedding????

TeacherMommy said...

Cute pooch lol. I liked the pictures. I'm glad to see you back on and blogging some again.

Raphaƫl Pinson said...

Wait, she's laying down on my shirt! Well maybe it's better than laying down on the laptop bad like last time :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger