Thursday, September 04, 2008

"And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart..."

I cannot let this day go by without posting about our day. I have just had one of the most amazing days of my life. This morning, bright and early, Raphael and I walked down to the Radiologist to get an ultrasound... for me, not him. And the first thing the doctor said about 2 second after she started the ultrasound was, "There's the baby!" or... "Et voilà le bébé" to be more precise. WOW!

We just found out last Thursday that I was pregnant, but we didn't know how long it had been... and to be honest, I wasn't 100% sure of my pregnancy. My body works in such an unusual and funny way that it was really hard to calculate or be sure, so it wasn't until today that we got to know how pregnant I really am. Funnily enough I think it was Sunchi who found out before any of us because of the way she has been acting towards me lately. She just wants to sit on my lap (she has never been a lap dog) and curl up next to my belly.

I could say a lot about what this pregnancy means to me after almost a year and a half of marriage... about what the Lord has shown me in His word about children... I have learned many important things that have changed the way I see it all, but today I want to write about something else.

My dad pointed out to me that the baby's heart was made before his brain and how important that is... and that really made me think. See... when I was looking at the screen, I could kind of make out the head and the little spine as the doctor pointed them out to us... but there was one little thing that I didn't miss and couldn't miss... the heart, and hearing the heart beat of His/our/my baby! :) It's a miracle...

"Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up." - Deuteronomy 6:3-7

This little baby doesn't look like much yet, but he/she has a heart... I believe he/she has a soul, and I think he/she is strong as I see how this baby has grown so far and how he/she is going to grow each day as the Lord wills... I pray that this little person will love the Lord with that little beating heart, with her/his soul, and with the little powerful strength she/he has... I was so humbled to see that this little being has that which the Lord asks of us. Our heart, our soul... our strength, and from each according to that which he or she can give.

I have felt unworthy of such a precious gift as I see my lack of love, mercy and grace unto others... and I ask myself how I could possibly bring up a child in the Lord... but thank God it is not about me or Raphael. It's about Him, and I know that all things are possible in Him, and that this baby is here with us because it is the Lord's good pleasure... and he/she is His to start with! That's what it comes down to when you live by faith.

I have a few photos to share... I won't post them right now, but they are coming!

I hope and pray that you have all been well and encourage you to continue in your walk with the Lord.

"Blessed be the name of the Lord!"

20 comments:

-E said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations! You are going to make an awesome mom!

Jimena said...

Thank you Mr.Bird! I still remember when you guys had your first baby, and thought and still think she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. I think I can learn tons from you guys... and your kids too! Blessings

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - what great news!

I had a scan at about seven weeks too (you don't normally get them till later here but I was in hospital because I was so sick) and I was amazed that we could see the baby's little heart beating so early on.

I'm so happy for you. :o)

I've found having a child has made me so much more aware of my own actions. It can sometimes be easy to forget/ignore that God is watching us all the time and sees everything but now I have a child watching my every move I feel so much more responsible and accountable.

Anonymous said...

Whohoo!!!! I was not online much today (too busy) but what a surprise when I sat down tonight and saw your update. THIS IS MARVELOUS!!!

Deborah and I are off to daughter #2 in Minneapolis and a baby shower on Saturday, for their first child and our third grandchild. :) So this kicks off the trip in a thrilling way.

I look forward to "fat" pictures in a few months! :)

Anonymous said...

This is the most wonderful news!! Little Bethany will have a little friend in France!
I was so pleased that I had a few tears of joy for you both, I know this is something that your heart has wanted.
Many blessings! Enjoy every moment of pregnancy cause I can tell you it goes too fast!! All 3 of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love Amy
PS can you email me? I lost your email address!!

Jimena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jimena said...

It has been such a blessing to read these comments. Thank you very much! Somehow it makes my joy so much bigger when I see that it brings joy to others as well. Yes, Bethany will have a little friend in France. Amy I remember when we were praying for you and Andrew and what a blessing it was for us to see the Lord blessing you just a little bit later with a baby that we now know is a little girl. He is so good! And yes, I expect that having a child will make me more aware of my own actions. I had a taste of this while I worked as a teacher, but having a little one 24/7 by your side is totally different. May the Lord help to purify us and make us more like Him through our children.

Doug congratulations on your third grandchild! I don't know if you got my message when I congratulated you and was about to tell you about our pregnancy. Have a good trip and fun at the baby shower! Anyway... THANK YOU and blessings to you all!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS!!

I did not expect to read such wonderful news and I am so incredibly happy for you. You will enjoy every bit of this journey, I am sure!

Well, now I have another bloggy friend who can go through this journey with me!! Can't wait to read more...

I pray God will be with you and your husband through this time, and bless the little pricious life growing inside of you! How far along are you?

TeacherMommy said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and I will be praying for you and your new lil one. Don't be afraid, children are difficult at times but they are so worth it. Just love and be there for them and you'll be amazed how well they turn out just on that. I'm a firm believer that no one cares what anyone has to say unless they care about that person. So the only way to truly influence anyone (for good or bad) is to win them over...and as a parent that's through love. You will do great!

Ah, you don't have to send me anything. You live so far away! I'm sure the postage would be outrageous.

Jessica said...

I haven't been by in a while (I've been really busy with work, college, and everything else) but tonight I had a minute so I wanted to drop by.... and how neat that I drop by just in time for this wonderful news!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a blessing! I am so happy for you. I look forward to hearing about your pregnancy and the baby when he or she arrives!!

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Oh, wow!! How EXCITING!!! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

What amazing news! May god bless you and your little growing family! I'm sure he did bless you already in so many ways and now with this little heart! And this child will be a blessed one amongst others, having wonderful parents, humble and grateful before the LORD! Wish you all the best and hope to see you whenever it may be possible!

Jennifer said...

I just came across your blog and enjoyed reading it:) Hope you have a blessed week:)
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

hello friend...just checking in to see how you are doing. I hope you are feeling well!!

Kathy said...

Jimena,
Your post about your baby was a blessing to read. God is so good and every good and perfect gift comes from above. I pray that God gives you & your husband His wisdom as you seek to raise your child according to His Word.

Jessica said...

What a blessing! I too think it is amazing that the heart begins to beat at such an early stage in the baby's development. How neat that when a baby is just the size of a grain of rice, it has a heart that beats. Only God could do something so wonderful!! I'm praying for you to have a safe and healthy pregnancy, labor, and delivery! Love, Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hi Jimena, just wanted to leave a little comment to ask how you are doing. Hope you are doing okay and not too ill with morning sickness.

Blessings,

Susan. :o)

Anonymous said...

Jimena! You're pregnant! Congratulations!!! I miss 'seeing' you!

Phylicia

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Jimena,
hope things are still going well with byou and the baby!

© T u u l i V a h t r a 2 0 0 5 said...

Im so happy for you and your husband! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger