Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Mom's Visit

My mom was visiting me a week ago. I was very happy to show her were I live and what my life in France is like. During the weekend we stayed a night up in the Alps and then the next day my sweet husband gave us a 6 hour trip through the mountains back to the coast. I have over 100 pictures of this day. It wasn't snowing yet in the Alps, but two days after my mom left it started to snow and it is so beautiful when it snows. Maybe I'll get to go up there sometime soon again. The older I get, the more relationships I have, the longer old relationships last, the more I see of the world, the more in awe I am of God's love for us. A love comparable to the love between a loving husband and his wife, a father and a son, a mother and an unborn child, a potter and his craft, a shepherd and his flock, two good friends, sisters... how deep His love is and how present it is in all the good that surrounds us.

This is a waterfall in St.Martin-Vesubie. Sorry it's not very clear.


One of the many little village up on the mountains.


My mom fell in love with these mountains because they were redish/purplish/auberginish.

Mommy! I love my mom.


We wished we had our swimming suits to just jump in. Maybe next time.


Puget-Thenier


Raphael and I


Greoliers


Candy Shop in Gourdon


Gourdon

And there are still many more pictures to come... but not tonight.

Peace

7 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

Great pictures Jimena. Your mom looks like she enjoyed herself. I'm really enjoying these pictures you are showing us of where you live. Since I can't visit there it is neat to get to see it through your eyes.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Im Kimberly from KimberlysThoughts. thank you for your comment. I like your blog.

-Kimberly

Jimena said...

Thank you Sis, Julie. My mom had a good time. The idea is indeed to show things that other that live far away can't see.... yet! Who knows, maybe one day you can come! Mi casa es su casa! (my home is your home) Have a blessed day!

Thank you for your comment Kimberly... I like your blog too, and that's why I wanted to encourage you. God bless you.

Sis. Julie said...

I thought I would let you know that Kimberly is Jessica's sister. Jessica is who my son is courting and going to be marrying. I didn't know if you knew that and thought I would tell you. Not that you wanted to know or anything...LOL!! Love you!

threetwentyone said...

Dear Sister Jimena! I am so glad you are blogging again! I love to hear Jesus talking through you!

The pictures are beautiful, as are you and your husband! Blessings on your "new" life. May God dwell closely with you both.

Jessica said...

Beautiful Pictures!! :)

Jimena said...

Thank you Nathanael! I'm so happy to be in touch with you again. God bless you too in all you do for His glory.

And thank you too Jessica! I enjoy your pictures too ;) God bless....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger