Sunday, October 28, 2007

Two men went up...

Parable by Jesus

LOCATION
:
Temple

CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Pharisee: played by Himself
Publican: played by Himself(a collaborator of the Roman Empire known best for collecting taxes)
Narrator: Jesus


ACT I


NARRATOR:
"Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican." [Enter Pharisee and Publican] "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself..."

PHARISEE
[standing and looking up] "God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, [pointing at Publican] or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess."

NARRATOR
"And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying..."

PUBLICAN

[Looking down and beating his breast] "God be merciful to me a sinner."


NARRATOR
"
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."


- EXEUNT


Ref: Luke 18:9-18


Abased = lowered, humbled




No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger