Friday, March 10, 2006

The Fool

I'm a bit low on energy right now but I heard a funny story about D.L. Moody I wanted to share.


When D. L. Moody was conducting evangelistic meetings across the country, he frequently faced hecklers who were in rather violent disagreement with his tenets. In the final service of one campaign, an usher handed the famed evangelist a note as he entered the auditorium. Supposing it to be an announcement, Moody quieted the large audience and prepared to read the notice. He opened it to find a single word: "Fool!"


The colorful preacher was equal to the occasion. Said he, "This is most unusual. I have just been handed a message which consists of but one word, the word 'fool.' I repeat, this is most unusual. I have often heard of those who have written letters and forgotten to sign their names, but this is the first time I have ever heard of anyone who signed his name and forgot to write the letter!" And, taking advantage of the situation, Moody promptly changed his sermon to the text: "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God." --Moody Monthly

-Psalm 14:1




1 comment:

Raphaƫl Pinson said...

Great story, very nice :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger