Friday, March 24, 2006

Yes, not bad... but I can do better!

I walk quite a lot everyday, and this is great because it gives me the time to think, observe and talk with God. One thing we have been talking about lately is my new little apartment/studio, where I will be moving to tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to moving there because there are a lot of great things about it. I have had to move three times already this last year and a half because of work, and the first two times I moved I was doing most of the work. Looking here, posting there, calling here and there, calculating, evaluating... stressing about it... But this time I thought I would just let the Lord provide and take care of things. I trust Him and I believe He will provide for all my needs, but eventhough I have been learning to not only believe this but also rest in it, I still don't let go of things 100%, which is why I still had some pointers for Him. This is exactly what we were talking about. See... when I started looking for a place some months ago I told the Lord that I would let Him direct me... it was all up to Him, but... all I would say is that I thought it would be wise to find a place close to line 9, which is the tram I take to go to work. I didn't know how familiar He was with dutch public transportation, so this was valuable inside information. Tram 9, 'Dr Kuyperstraat' stop, or 'Javastraat' stop would do just fine. He could decide which town I would live in, if it would be an apartment, a room, a studio... I was feeling proud that I was doing so well at not giving Him much direction and that that which I did share with Him was intelligent information so... with a little help from me I knew it would be just perfect. Then it was as if I could hear Him say..."Yesss... that's good... not bad, but.... I can do better than that."
I have to walk quite a bit from the tram stop to work, and eventhough I don't really mind walking, it's not always easy because of some weakness in my legs caused by T.M. It can also be a bit tiring, so what did He do? He got me a place right across the street from where I work. Iv'e walked by this house many times but it never occured to me that I could live there one day. I'll have to share the apartment with a young girl I don't really know yet, but she seems nice and the more I think about the place the more I feel that it really is of the Lord. Just the fact that it will take me a minute to walk to work instead of 30 minutes is a great blessing for me. I'm only planning to stay there for three months and I won't be taking much as it is already furnished. I just feel like it's going to be my own little sanctuary. A haven. I'm going to post some pictures of what it looked like when I was there yesterday.
I'll be living in the attic, which is devided in two small rooms.


This is the living room.








It only has one small window which makes it a bit dark, but there will be light.









This is the bedroom. It is a bit lighter as it has two windows.

I found the little one in the corner quite interesting.








This is the closet and where I'll get to hang my clothes to dry.











And these are the stairs. They are a bit scary because there is nowhere to hold on to, but I think I will just get used to them and this can be a good exercise!








Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
- Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

Raphaƫl Pinson said...

This looks very nice :) I love the way it feels... and I'm eager to see it for real :D

God bless your time there! <><

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger