Sunday, March 05, 2006

Salu ku bolo nos ke


Nice... I just finished talking to my brother who is celebrating his 27th B-day. I didn't think I would be able to make the phone call to Spain, but then I remembered that there hasn't been a year we haven't talked on his B-day so I couldn't let this one be the first one, not this one. Right now it's raining and this morning it snowed, but that's Holland. It's a good thing I've been able to enjoy a good old fashioned Sabbath. I have just finished reading Leviticus yesterday and now I'm in the middle of Numbers. I have to be honest and say that I thought Leviticus seemed long and confusing and discouraging, especially when I got to chapter 21 which talks about the regulations for conduct of the priests. It says that no one with any defect can approach God. Then there is a list of all the defects: the blind, the lame, the brokenfooted, the brokenhanded etc. That disappointed me; in my heart I couldn't see the Lord having this heart and besides that it would totally disqualify me! But then I thought about Jesus and about how in Him we are made perfect and it reminded me to not read books such as Leviticus in a material or physical way, but always thinking of it in a spiritual way. In a way that could apply to me and my walk with God today; in balance to the New Testament. Today I listened to a great sermon by Pastor Courson on this same Chapter and he pointed to Jesus as the answer, but then he also said something that I had read before but didn't understand. He talked about how in the New Testament it says that we are called priests ourselves. I have read this in the New Testament before but everytime I read it I was like... "Oookeyyy, whatever that means..." But now, I'm blown away because I can make the connection with this and what I had been reading about in Leviticus. There were so many rules and regulations and priests had to do everything so perfect to be acceptable to God and yet here I'm told that in Jesus I am a priest! I had to look this up later on and I have indeed found many verses in the New Testament about this. I Peter 2:4-5 says: "Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." - I can approach God Almighty and am acceptable to Him through Jesus Christ, our high priest. "Lord, your wonders are infinite." Happy Birthday Nene and God bless you!!!


1 comment:

Jimena said...

Cat, thanks for your comment. If you don't mind I would like to use your comment on a blog as I have been thinking about this very thing as well, God's grace as it related to these books I've been reading. Thanks again!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger