Saturday, March 11, 2006

The visitor

After I got home from work I was thinking that it would be nice to post some pictures. So, I sat at my computer and went through all my pictures. I found a lot of nice pictures but I didn't want to post any old pictures. Unbeknownst to me there was a cat snooping around in my little unkept garden. When I finally saw him and he saw me I thought, "Great, get your camera!" But, he didn't know what I was thinking of course, so he just turned around and started to walk away.



But then, he turned around to get one last look at me...



... and he soon realized that I was actually trying to get a picture, nothing more. So he sat down....



and posed....



and posed some more...



And when he had enough he said "Miauu" (ciao), and vanished...



... through the fence into the neighbors' neat garden.



Actually... now that I think on it, he might have been here before. About three weeks ago when I looked out the door I saw a dead mouse right where the cat was sitting. I didn't have a blog back then so I didn't run to get the camera. I figured he wouldn't be going anywhere and I had to figure out what I should do with it. Should I bury it, should I wrap it in papertowel, or should I put it in a paper or plastic bag. But then, a few moments later about three birds came and took the mouse away. I don't know much about cats...
I'm more of a dog person for sure, but what does that mean? When you find a dead mouse in front of your house, is it a kind gift or is it some kind of ill natured statement? He was cute though ;)

3 comments:

Raphaƫl Pinson said...

I remember my cat regularly offering mice to my dog when we had both.

He would come and put the mice in my dog's bed. One day, he even got him a big bird, kind of a feasan. Not sure where he had caught such a big animal, but he had put it dead in my dog's place, and the dog was not happy with this gift at all... he was turning around his place looking at the bird without touching it ;)

Jimena said...

Thanks for your comments. I'm not much of a cat person as I said, but I think it's more because I'm sort of a 'catty' person myself, so our perosnalities would clash if I had one, but I do think they are beautiful, and I love kittens.

Jimena said...

Ok.. now the really true story. When I was little my mom told me that there was a young lady once that always ate with her cat at the table, but then one day she got a boyfriend and she locked the cat in her room while they had dinner together. When the guy was gone and the girl went to sleep the cat jumped on her, bit part of her face and left her to never return. It's in their eyes, I'm telling you!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered By Blogger